In the modern world of big-box supermarkets and e-commerce right at our finger tips, we hardly ever give a second thought to the world of packaging and shipping that supports hundreds and thousands of industries across the globe. Customized packaging and shipping boxes can actually have a huge impact on your overall brand — and we’ve got the facts to prove it. Here are 10 astounding statistics about packaging and shipping that will make you think twice about your current models.
- Consumers often form their impressions of a brand within seven seconds. Custom logo boxes and retail packaging that carries a positive brand image is crucial for conversion.
- The first patent for cardboard was issued in 1856. It has been used for customized shipping boxes since 1903. That’s over a century of custom product boxes!
- Research shows that consumers consider a product’s packaging almost as important as the brand itself (10% versus 12%). Oftentimes, they’re seen as the same thing, especially with branded packaging.
- Businesses that give due attention to their packaging often report a 30% increase in consumer interest.
- Corrugated cardboard packaging is the largest single sector within the packaging industry, with more than 1,500 box plants in North America alone.
- Roughly 90% of all products in the U.S. are shipped via cardboard packaging.
- Shoppers will spend an average 30% more on a purchase if shipping is included for free.
- A slow shipping time will deter 41% of customers from making a purchase.
- Some 52% of online customers that receive goods in customized shipping boxes say they’re more likely to return to the same company for another future purchase.
- Shoppers in stores will be drawn to and buy a product right off the shelf, without researching it, in 64% of all in-store decisions. Your packaging can play a huge role in making that choice your product over a competitor’s.
Don’t underestimate the power of packaging. If you’re looking for customized shipping boxes to maximize your company’s brand and earning potential, contact us today. We’re here to help provide you with the packaging solutions that will wow your customers and have them coming back for more.